Friday, October 26, 2012

Shop Update

Hi all; I know it has been a while since I posted on here; I have been super swamped with a couple of major deadlines lately and therefore haven't been able to do much of anything with my blog/shop.  

Here is some of what I have been up to...

First, for anyone in the area of where SAFF will be, a friend of mine, Stephanie, will be selling a bunch of my batts at her booth, Lunabud Knits!  I have been making batts like crazy for the past 5 or 6 days in order to get them ready for her to take there with her.  I made 16 batts over the past few days, and have also made 9 more batts just yesterday for my shop!  Here are some pics of the batts I have been making..most of which will be at SAFF, and some of which will be in my shop...


















Btw, I have no idea how to align these pictures so they are smaller and sit next to each other in a grid type layout...if anyone knows how to do this, I would very much appreciate this knowledge!  =)

I also would like to take a moment to recognize Hello Purl for those of you who may not be familiar with them.  Hello Purl is another shop on Etsy owned by two people; they make some phenomenal batts which I have had the opportunity to try.  Here's some fiber wire I spun with a couple of their batts recently...=)




Also, finally, I just wanted to let all of you know coming up within the next couple weeks, hopefully by the 15th/16th of Nov, Stephanie and I plan to get together and make some videos for our blogs!  The first video we plan to make is one which shows the process we each use for making batts.  =)  I'm really excited about doing this as this will be the first time I am able to make a video showing some of how I create what I do with my fiber.  

3 comments:

  1. well, you can make collages in picasa, i do know that much!
    i wonder what your fibers feel like to work with - i know what metal feels like, hammers, etc - i can only imagine it... must be wonderful!
    the fiber wire looks fabulous -
    and i so wish i could come to your booth -
    happy friday, nellie -

    ReplyDelete